Friday, January 27, 2012

WHAT A WEEK!!

Wow, this past week and a half has been a wild one. A couple of weeks ago I began going through the little snippets of book ideas that I have been writing down for years, and found one that hit me like a herd of elephants. My mind, unable to shut down, took this idea and flew with it. Well, after three days, a plot for all three books of a trilogy, 6000 words of the first book written, stiff hands, one sore shoulder (from typing), and a playlist of songs, my exhausted mind finally crashed back to earth.

After taking a short breather, that included ice packs for my shoulder and Ibuprofen for my hands, I looked over what I had written. My first thought was, Holy smokes, I wrote that?, and then I realized that my passion for this book was evident in the words I was reading. I have never had an idea hit me this hard, as you would be able to tell by all of the books I stopped writing after the first chapter. And so, with my excitement still unabated, I have continued on with this book. I am so thrilled that I will one day get to share it with world (or at least anyone who wants to read it).

And, now, comes the honesty part. My 'social anxiety' is hitting an all time high. Yep, that dreaded self doubt in is trying to pull my ship of happiness back to its shores. But, I will say that Daniel and Ivy (my hero and heroine in Ravens Hollow) are helping me to fight the 'Dastardly Doubt.' And, I have made a promise to myself, and Daniel and Ivy, that I WILL NOT give up on this story.

So, in the weeks to come, I promise that I will get a synopsis posted, and a link to the song and video that has helped to keep me going through all of this.

P.S. One more thing I want to do, is to give a little shout out to author Jennifer Snyder. Jennifer, you will never know what you have done for me this week. But, if you ever read the previous postings on my blog, you might be able to guess. Thanks so much for being my friend on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment