Thursday, January 19, 2012

TIME TO LET MY HAIR DOWN!!!

One of the reasons I started this blog was to try and pull myself out of the hole I dug for myself a long time ago. It is not easy for my to put myself out in to the world socially. Unless, there is liquor involved, and then I'm quite the social butterfly. =D

But, after reading what little I have wrote, I realized I am still living in my hidey-hole. I have always been the type of person who does for others, and never myself. My happiness comes from those around me who are happy. I celebrate their joys, and never my own. I don't enjoy going to parties, weddings, or any other social gatherings. So, I don't live, I just exist. I'm the wallflower in this party called life.

Well, have you figured it out yet?? Yep, it's called social anxiety. So, now that you know my little secret, it's time to make a change. Time to let my hair down and open myself up to the world and let them know I am here.

It's sad to say that this thing has kept me from doing so many things over the years, and writing is one of them. Oh, I have written many things. But, they were always reserved and diffident. The sad part is that the few times I actually put myself into something, the feedback was phenomenal. I have been told by a few teachers and professors that I needed to be a writer. Can't get much better than that, right? Well, the draw back to acting on such a thing would be the rejections I would receive from publishers. I just could not even think about putting myself through that. (did you catch that? I never even thought about acceptance, only rejection) But, the world has opened up for indie authors and I am going to live in that world.

Okay, there is so much more I could tell you, but enough of the sad junk. Time to tip my world on its axis and let the storm in.

So, if you are reading this I just want to say "WELCOME TO MY NEW WORLD AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE RIDE."

It's time to kick the tires, and light the fires!! Woo Hoo!! I'm...I'm...I'm...crap I forgot to put the gas in. Oh, well, I guess I'll walk instead of fly.

P.S. The people that I have actually let in to know the real me would tell you that that last line is really me. I love to "try" and be funny, and sometimes I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment