Thursday, January 7, 2016

My Dreams Are Coming True!!

Yes, you read the title correctly.

MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE!!!

As I write this, I am waiting (and not very patiently) for the book cover of Ravens Hollow to arrive in my email. Complete with my name as the author. Gosh, I am so excited, I can barely stand it.

Yes, I know, my previous post talked about my zombie novels. Don't worry, they are still in the works. Along with another series. But, I have been working on Ravens Hollow for years, and felt that it really should be the first book to be published.

What's Ravens Hollow about??

Well, how does witches, curses, and a hot guy that turns into a raven sound?? Yes, please go and get yourself a nice, cold drink and a cold wet washcloth, I'll wait....


Ivy Rose Hamilton was a typical teenage girl. Student by day, cheerleader by night. The only odd thing about her was her love of myths and legends, and that her favorite color happened to be black. That is, until the nightmares started.

Ivy grew up hearing about the legend of Ravens Hollow, but never believed it was true. Weeks before her eighteenth birthday, Ivy found out that there was more to the curse...and it involved her.

For over three hundred years, Daniel Beckett has had to live a life of seclusion. Unable to be seen in human form, except by his blood relatives, Daniel was shocked the day that Ivy showed up in the forest he had lived in since 1657. A forest of evil.

Will Ivy be able to break the curse, before Daniel becomes consumed by the evil he has lived with for so long? Or, will the curse destroy them both?


Well, have you cooled down yet??

Well, get ready for more...


 
"My problem? Well, let’s see," he said, his voice heavy with cynicism, as he slowly moved toward me, "maybe it could be because of a curse placed on me that has left me stuck as an eighteen year old for over three hundred years. Or," he continued, as I started to slowly back away from his advancing form, "maybe it’s because I can only be human while I’m on this vile piece of property, with its evilness slowly seeping into my soul, making me wonder how many more years it will be before I am completely overtaken by it."

I had continued to back away from him, and it wasn’t long before I felt my back hit the side of the cottage, where I was held motionless by the power of his dark eyes.

"Or, maybe," he said, while pinning me in place with his hands, as his face came closer to mine, "maybe it could be that for the first time in three hundred and sixty four years, someone other than my family can see me."

Mesmerized, I watched a mixture of anger and passion explode in the blackness of his eyes, making the silver flecks in them grow and shimmer as he continued to torment me.

"And maybe," he said, as his body started to press into mine, "for the first time in those three centuries, I have found someone that I can do this to."

I closed my eyes as his lips...(sorry, you will have to buy the book to find out what happens)


******


Well, guess what!!! My book cover arrived, as I wrote this. So, are you ready??

BOOM!!! HERE IT IS!!!

Coming in March, 2016...



 


What do you think?? I love it!

I guess I should get back to writing now, otherwise what good is just a book cover.



Love and hugs,

Denise



 

No comments:

Post a Comment